Skip to main content
Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
Free text to speech
Multimedia and digital storytelling
Study skills tools
Tools That Compensate for Handwriting Issues
Additional free tools
Some students struggle with organizing their written work and forming numbers and symbols. These tools compensate for mechanical issues:
- A program that assists those with fine motor problems to set out columnar arithmetic, without the need for a spreadsheet
Big, Simple Talking Calculator
- "The Big Simple Talking Calculator application was designed to be a full screen calculator with large buttons that covers the following basic functions: +, -, *, /, x^2, x^y, 1/x, %, square root, memory store and memory recall."
- Online Function Visualizer - displays the graph of arbitrary F
- Online Graphing Calculator
Create A Graph>
e-Tutor Graphic Calculator
- Online plotting tool
- Create and print graph paper
- Higher Level Math - free for students with special needs
Math Sheet Calculator
- iPad app which simulates a sheet of paper
Time Telling Tools
- Fantastic time telling tool including showing how time passes. Some students have
with that concept.
Time for Time
- Online analog clock, can manipulate clock and show
the digital time equivalent
. Great for Interactive
or touchscreen monitors
Virtual Math Manipulatives
Virtual Manipulatives and Lessons
- Grade 6-9 animated lessons and interactive activities along with question sets to assess student understanding.
National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- a library of uniquely interactive, web-based virtual
or concept tutorials, mostly in the form of Java applets, for mathematics instruction (K-12 emphasis)
Glencoe Math Manipulatives
for K- 8, use the Help menu to understand how to use this online resource
(new) - an online, virtual
Tools that promote Math understanding
- easily learn how to code with this fantastic website
A Maths Dictionary for Kids
" A Maths Dictionary for Kids
is an animated, interactive online math dictionary for students which explains over 600 common mathematical terms and math words in simple language.
Some students with math disabilities struggle with understand math language, symbols and terms; this site builds understanding
. Very cool.
- Interactive fraction tools for instruction which align with NCTM standards. The overview video is available here:
- interactive math activities for K - 8
- K- Higher=Ed math
site for Math activities for K - 8, make sure to explore the Mathcasts.
allow students to review math when THEY need to.
- a creative, interactive math resource to help students understand how to solve word problems.
Watch the video here
to learn how to use it.
K-7 Mathcasts Project
- Short videos (using
) of math concepts by grade level and strand. Great for students to review at home.
pre-K through 8th grade activities
Real World Math Using Google Earth
The Math Forum
This is a site that will answer many different types of math questions.
- A calculator that reads the numbers and symbols to students
- "Computational Knowledge Engine"
**25 Additional Resources for Learning Maths**
Free Training Tutorial
- A long list of free online math games. Teachers can select games and create their own specific math lesson.
- 100 Numeracy topics at ten levels. Teachers can upload their class list. Ability to customize specific math such as add numbers up to five, ordering numbers up to 20. Students can log in and save scores. Audio can be distracting for some students (turn it off in the Talent Game activity if that is the case) as can the time pressure.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"