Skip to main content
Make the most out of any wiki by using our free sister product,
Blendspace by TES
, to create interactive lessons and presentations!
Pages and Files
Free text to speech
Multimedia and digital storytelling
Study skills tools
Tools That Compensate for Handwriting Issues
Additional free tools
Free Graphic Organizers
- Great for brainstorming, organizing, mind mapping. Easy to use.
- offers a linear as well as a graphic view as an organizing tool
- mind mapping app
- can make five maps using the extensive template library or create your own from scratch
- the visual way to explore and understand words, numbers and concepts for grades K-5
Easy to use mind mapping/brainstorming tool, offers Google Drive or Dropbox storage
- collaborative diagrams for mind mapping, brainstorming.
- Brain Storming and Organizing Tool good for visual thinkers/learners, EASY to use, very simple, customizable features, sharing capabilities
-Brainstorming/mind mapping tool. Can add documents, images, maps, share with other collaborators. Watch the two minute video tutorial
- Create a simple idea web by simply typing the ideas into an outline, Easy to use
- fun tool for mind maps, graphic organizers, concept maps. Can create up to five at no cost
- offers online diagramming and collaboration. Access the
free version here
- online collaborative graphic organizing/mind mapping tool
Read/Write/Think Story Map Tool
- Quickly create a visual of complex information, EASY, can't share
Read/Write/Think Graphic Map Tool
- designed to be used as part of the pre-writing process to identify high and low points related to the subject. It could be a reaction to a book, writing about an event or a day, etc.
- graphic organizer, allows synchronous collaboration as well.
- easy to use, includes built-in graphics
- mind maps, share with others
- Downloadable graphic organizer, designed for k-12 population, MODERATE to use,
Graphic Organizer Templates
- 40 downloadable templates to use in a word processing program, quick, EASY
Graphic Organizer Templates
- can be downloaded in Word or as PDFs or HTML. Include templates such as
, Concept Maps and
(Note: not all templates are
online. It appears to depend upon who created them)
Great Source iWrite: Graphic Organizer Templates
- click on "Writer's Tools" and then narrative, expository, persuasive, response to literature or research templates to use in a word processing program. EASY
- Unique way to present information/ideas and concepts
interactive flow chart, MODERATE to use
- mind-mapping tool
- mind-mapping tool, has
word like features
- Students can organize their notes, create flashcards, make use of 3D tools and more in this great mind mapping tool. It is downloadable.
Create and share diagrams on the Web
Best4C-(for upper grades) >
- concept maps
Analyze characters with this organizer from Scholastic
CAST Science Writer
- Helps students write a science lab report using chunking, prompting, and graphic organize
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"